3 Easy, Yummy Super Bowl Snacks
Game day is here and kickoff is only hours away. Unless you’re a Seahawks or Patriots fan, your order of important things today are probably: food, commercials, game–in that order. Whether you’re going to a party, hosting one, or want to whip up some things for yourself or the family, these 3 recipes take under 20 minutes to prepare and will satisfy your Super Bowl snack cravings–making the game somewhat interesting for all the people who don’t care who wins.
Buffalo Chicken Dip: I couldn’t make a list of Super Bowl snacks and NOT have buffalo chicken dip as part of the spread. It’s a staple and everyone’s favorite dip. Dip with whatever you choose: chips, pretzels, crackers, etc. The only thing I’d caution on is to make a lot because this is always the crowd favorite!
Feel free to use either blue cheese or ranch. Both taste great, but it’s whatever you prefer! I use Frank’s buffalo sauce, my personal favorite, but you can also use whichever hot sauce you prefer.
-1/2 cup buffalo sauce
-1/2 cup blue cheese (or ranch)
-8 oz cream cheese
-10 oz can of chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using an oven safe bowl or dish, place the softened cream cheese in it.
3. Drain your can of chicken and once drained, add to the dish.
4. Measure out a 1/2 cup of ranch or blue cheese and pour it on.
5. Do the same with your buffalo sauce.
6. Then mix the ingredients with a fork until well combined.
7. Sprinkle as little or as much shredded cheese on top as you like.
8. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
I normally cover it for the first 20 minutes and take it off for the last 10.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pockets: Every Christmas Eve the tradition in my house is that we all make an appetizer and watch a movie together as a family. This year my sister chose this as her appetizer and everyone in the family went crazy for it. I’d been waiting for a good opportunity to try it out myself and figured the Super Bowl was better time than any! These are quick and easy with only 4 ingredients and the cooking time is less than 15 minutes!
-soft biscuits that come in the tube
-thinly sliced deli ham
-thinly sliced deli chicken
1. Open your biscuits and peel each one apart into 2, keeping the circle shape. The flaky layers biscuits work great for this.
2. Once pulled apart, press down each part spreading it out.
3. In any order, pile ham, chicken and swiss cheese on the biscuit, covering it about 3/4.
4. Fold over so that you now have a half moon shape and pinch the edges.
5. Follow the instructions on your biscuit tube and cook at the temperature listed for the time listed. Mine cooked for 11-15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
The Roundup: This is a creation my boyfriend’s family created. Think panini meets calzone without pizza sauce. If you want to bring something you’re sure no one else will have, bring this. My family couldn’t stop raving about it after their first time trying it. Bonus: you can personalize it for those who may not like certain toppings and even make it for a full meal one night by not cutting into triangles.
-shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
1. Place a layer of cheese on half of the pizza crust and begin layering the meats on in the order you choose. Do this on one half.
2. Continue layering cheese and meat.
3. Sprinkle some pepper and onion powder on.
4. Put in oven (open-faced) at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cover with lettuce and drizzle ranch dressing.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes, fold it over, cut into triangles and stick toothpick in to serve.