Day 17: PB Oreo Rice Krispies Treats
I don’t think I’ve ever made homemade rice krispy treats. Now that I have and saw how simple they are with only 5 ingredients, I have no idea why not! Rice krispies were always a fun treat growing up, and, even now, everyone loved them. Guess they’re a fun treat for all ages! Even though they’re not super festive, I really wanted to try them out for the blog. There wasn’t too much that could go wrong, but even so, they turned out better than I expected! We’re headed to Florida tomorrow to visit family and will bring these along for sure.
This recipe called for Oreos, which is typically a staple in our house, but also a family favorite, meaning we run out quickly and I had to make a quick run to the grocery store for these. In the cookie aisle, I saw peanut butter oreos and thought they’d only make these better. I’d say they definitely did.
-6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
-20 oreos broken
-5 cups mini marshmallows
-3 tbsp. butter
1. Spray 9×13 pan with non-stick spray. You definitely don’t want to skip this step!
2. Pour cereal into big bowl.
3. Mash oreos in a ziploc baggy. Leave some chunky and others more finely crushed.
4. Combine oreos and rice krispies.
5. In a saucepan, heat butter and marshmallows on medium heat–stirring continuously until smooth and combined.
6. Pour mixture into bowl with rice krispies and oreos. Mix these together with a spatula that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray because this is the part that could get messy.
7. Use your spatula and then press it into your pan.
8. Let it cool a bit and then drizzle melted white chocolate on top if you desire. Let it sit at room temperature while it cools for about an hour.