Day 16: Triple Chocolate S’mores Bark
You know how you have those few people whose gifts you keep putting off, and then before you know it, Christmas is here and you don’t have anything for them? Admit it, everyone has people like that! Bark is perfect to have laying around for those who you may not think about until the last minute. Wrap some up in colorful plastic, tie it with a bow and you have a yummy homemade treat for neighbors, co-workers, kids’ teachers, whoever! I guess now if you get bark you’ll know you were a last minute person. : )
Last year we made these yummy S’mores cookies and they were a total hit. They didn’t look like much, but they were so yummy. I knew I had to make something S’mores this year. I’ve also been trying to do a variety–not just cookies–and make pies, bars, brownies, and other types of treats. Bark was perfect for mixing things up.
There’s a lot of melting chocolate involved meaning you get to smell “the best smell in the world,” according to my sister. And overall, this is a pretty quick dessert to put together. Anything that doesn’t involve an oven always just seems simpler, not sure why that is…
-24 oz. dark chocolate
-2 Hershey bars
-8 oz. white chocolate
-1/2 cup broken up graham crackers
-1/4 cup marshmallow bits
1. Line a 15×10 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt dark chocolate. See below for my favorite way to do this!
3. Melt white chocolate.
4. Spread melted dark chocolate onto cookie sheet. A spatula worked great for this!
5. Spoon white chocolate on top, swirling with a knife as you go. You want to swirl, not blend.
6. Sprinkle with graham crackers pieces, marshmallow minis and Hershey bars. This doesn’t need to be exact. Just put however much you think looks good.
7. Move into the refrigerator and let set for at least an hour.
8. You can then break or cut into pieces. Enjoy!
For melting chocolate, I like to use heavy whipping cream and a saucepan to add in the melting process. You put approx 1/2-1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the saucepan and heat just until it simmers. While you wait for this, you pour your chocolate chips into a bowl. Pour the heavy whipping cream on top when it’s ready. Let it sit for about 3 minutes. You will see the chocolate chips begin to melt. After 3 minutes, stir it up and you have super creamy and delectable smelling chocolate! Voila!
Recipe adapted from: http://www.a-kitchen-addiction.com/triple-chocolate-smores-bark/