Day 14: PB Hershey Kiss Cookies
Christmas season isn’t complete in the Herwig household unless there are PB Hershey Kiss cookies. Since I was a little kid, these have always been known as the Hershey Kiss Cookies and were always the cookie I looked forward to the most. This weekend I made them for an annual Christmas Party myself and 3 friends have. Crazy party, right? : ) This was year 7 and I knew these cookies would be a perfect addition to our festive weekend.
If you like cookies and you like Christmas then I’m sure you’ve had these before and probably don’t need me to tell you how to make them, but nonetheless, the recipe is below.
Some people put the Hershey kiss in once they come out of the oven, but I’ve always put it in before so that when it comes out it’s warm and melty. Oh and I use Jif PB if you’re curious.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat together Crisco and peanut butter.
3. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla to mixture…beating well.
5. Blend in flour, baking soda and salt.
6. Roll dough into balls and press Hershey kiss on top.
7. Bake for 9 minutes.