Day 12: Snowmen Oreo Truffles
These are perfect for anything during the holidays–whether you make them for your kids, a holiday party, or even just for yourself!
You can get creative with how you decorate their faces–use sprinkles, gel icing, whatever you choose! We used little oreos for his hat and then gel icing for the face. : )
I find that whenever it comes to dipping things, it’s always way easier said than done. It’s so hard to cover all the areas without leaving marks where you pick them out of the dipping, and you can see the struggles a little in the pictures (we aren’t perfect, but our snowmen sure tasted like it!) One thing that’s nice is you don’t have to worry so much about the coating dripping because the little pool that gathers gives the melted snowman effect, which is what we’re going for!
Last year I made these chocolate truffles, which were crazy delicious, but insanely messy. If all truffles weren’t so delicious, they probably wouldn’t be worth it! : )
Here’s what you need…
-1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)
-36 oreo cookies (finely crushed)
-16 oz. vanilla candy wafers
-mini oreo bite sized cookies
-decorating gel icings
1. Finely crush your full size oreos. You can do this with a rolling pin or food processor.
2. Mix together the cream cheese and now crushed oreos. By hand or adding cream cheese to oreos in food processor works!
3. Roll into balls and lay in a pan. Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes while they set.
4. Melt your vanilla candy wafers and dip the balls in these. Lay them on a pan lined with wax paper.
5. Once dried, decorate your snowman’s face and attach his little oreo hat either with the gel icing or while the candy coating is wet.
6. Refrigerate until firm for about an hour. Keep in fridge to serve!
Aren’t they adorable? : )
This recipe was adapted from: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2014/11/christmas-parties.html