Day 2: Homemade Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies & Cream Ice-Cream
Today we had an uncharacteristically warm day here in Atlanta, so what better thing to make than ice-cream?! I discovered this amazing homemade, no-churn recipe over the summer and couldn’t resist giving it one last go before it gets too cold.
I’ve always been skeptical about homemade ice-cream. I remember making it way back in 4th grade for science and it came out super salty. Another time-too liquidy and not creamy. But this recipe I’m convinced is fool-proof. It was just as creamy as something coming from Brusters–that’s saying something!
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
-7 oz sweetened condensed milk
-1 tsp pure vanilla extract
-3 tbsp peanut butter
-1o or so oreo cookies crushed
1. To start, whip your heavy whipping cream until it reaches whipped cream consistency. It takes a few minutes mixing on high with the whisk attachment. You will want your KitchenAid mixer for this one!
2. In a separate bowl, mix together your condensed milk and vanilla extract.
3. Fold your whipped cream into the condensed milk/vanilla until combined.
4. Crush your oreos as much or as little as you like.
5. Stir the chunks into your mixture and then add in some peanut butter swirls. Don’t stir too much because you want your peanut butter swirls to stay in tact.
6. Transfer into a loaf pan. Top with more crushed oreos, cover with saran wrap, and freeze over night.
Serve in cone or dish, whichever you prefer : )
This recipe was adapted from: http://picky-palate.com/2014/07/16/peanut-butter-swirl-cookies-cream-ice-cream-recipe/