Day 25: Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake
I decided to end the 25 days of baking challenge with a bang, so what better way than with a cake? A chocolate cake to be exact. We have family coming in tomorrow and I know if I were arriving somewhere I’d LOVE to be greeted by a beautiful, moist, chocolatey cake. I have one of my ultimate favorite chocolate cake recipes, perhaps I’ll divulge the recipe another day, but today I wanted to try something new. So now, make that two ultimate favorite chocolate cake recipes. The other one is from scratch and this one I used cake and pudding mixes, but added a few extra ingredients to make it better. Once you taste it, you will see, this is no boxed cake recipe.
For the glaze:
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used ghiradelli)
– 2/3 cup heavy cream
– pinch of salt (will we ever know if a pinch truly adds any value?)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine cake, pudding mix, cocoa, milk and eggs in bowl.
3. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds or so and then speed it up to medium for about 2 minutes. (If you had told me 2 months ago to beat something for 2 minutes I’d say forget it, but oh the joys of now having a kitchenaid mixer!)
4. Stir in chocolate chips!
5. Grease your pan and pour batter into bundt pan.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Be sure not to take it out too early because you don’t want it to collapse! (check with a toothpick when you think it’s ready). Also, don’t open the oven for the first 40 minutes or this can also cause your cake to collapse.
7. Cool for 30 minutes and then add your glaze!
1. Bring cream and salt to simmer in medium saucepan.
2. Pour chocolate chips in bowl and once cream is simmering, add to chocolate chips.
3. Wait while the cream softens the chocolate then stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth (about 1 minute). 4. Let it cool for 1-2 minutes.
5. Pour glaze over cake and let it set.
6. Add festive Christmas sprinkles!