Day 19: Peppermint Bark Cups
Okay, after this one I really can’t choose a favorite! These were so so so good! The bottom layer is basically a ganache and the top layer is hardened white chocolate complete with crushed candy canes, yummmm. It’s so simple to make and there’s not even a kitchenaid mixer or oven required! Everything is basically done in repeat in 2 stages. Be careful heating both batches of chocolate chips because if you don’t constantly turn the white ones they will burn since they’re not mixed with any liquid. Waiting for them to set in the fridge seemed like it took forever, only 20 minutes though, and it was so worth it. They’re super cute and great little treats for holiday parties. When I make them again I’d probably double the recipe just because it only makes 24. Just depends on how many people you’re making them for I guess!
I should also mention that I’m going to visit family this weekend and I made a few extra treats today so that I can hopefully blog about them through the next few days. But who knows if that will actually happen, so if you don’t end up seeing anything, tune back in on Monday while I play catch up and for the last 3 days! : )
– 1o ounces dark chocolate chips
– 7 tbsp whipping cream
– 1 tsp peppermint extract
– 1o ounces white chocolate chips
– 6 candy canes (crushed)
1. Heat a small saucepan with 1 inch of water over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and place a small metal bowl over the water and place dark chocolate chips, whipping cream and peppermint extract in the bowl.
2. Without stirring for a little, heat the chips until they start to melt. Once they look melted, remove the bowl from the pan (it’s hot!) and stir until smooth and combined.
3. Fill mini muffin pan liners half full with the mixture. (I just used a spoon for this part, too hard to pour).
4. Place the liners in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
5. Now for the top layer! Heat the saucepan of water over medium heat again. This time in the metal bowl, add just white chocolate chips. For these you need to stir because they will burn easier. Once the chips look melted and soft, remove the bowl and stir more fully until smooth.
6. Top each of the dark chocolate cups with the white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
7. Allow these scrumptious bark cups to set in the refrigerator for an additional 20 minutes. Then, eat away!