Day 16: Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Wanna spice up the basic chocolate chip cookie? Add sea salt and caramel! I don’t wanna speak too soon or downplay any of the previous cookies I’ve made, but…these have been some of THE BEST! Perfect combination of salty and sweet. I loved that there was sea salt both inside and on top of the cookie. And typically chocolate chip cookies are made with semi-sweet chips, but for these I chose to use milk chocolate chips and I think they were the perfect complement to the salt and caramel. These will definitely become a cookie that is baked year round in my house!
– 2 cups flour
– 2 tsps cornstarch
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 tsps vanilla
– 1 cup milk chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup kraft caramel bits (or cut up caramels!)
– more sea salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream together butter and sugars for about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beat.
3. Slowly mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and sea salt.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and caramel bits.
5. Drop cookies onto pan and sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Bake for 11 minutes
*I couldn’t find the Kraft Caramel bits and I checked both Kroger and Target, but if you can’t find them regular kraft caramels worked just as well and were easy to cut up (I cut mine into 4ths). Also, the cookies do get a little sticky on the pan just because of caramels sticking so only move them when they’ve completely cooled.