Day 15: Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
One of my favorite newly found cookie recipes is this gem I found last year on picky-palate.com. I made the cookies and everyone who tried them raved, so I knew I had to make them for the 25 days of baking. There’s just something about having an already delicious oreo cookie instead another, even better cookie. They take a little while to prep just because of all the packing you have to do with the dough and the oreos, but they’re worth it! Also, I found that because of all the flour that’s used, the never really turn golden, but they’re done! They stay a white-ish color, but put them in for 11 minutes and they’ll be perfect.
– 2 sticks softened butter (or crisco)
– 3/4 cup light brown sugar
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tbsp vanilla
– 3 1/2 cups flour
– 1 tsp kosher salt
– 1 tsp baking soda
– chocolate chips
– package of oreo cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars together, then add in eggs and vanilla.
3. Add salt, baking soda and flour. There’s a lot of flour so maybe add in increments!
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Take a scoop of cookie dough and place on top of oreo. Take another scoop and place on bottom. Cup the oreo in your hand until the oreo is completely hidden by dough.
6. Bake for 11 minutes.
*These cookies are ginormous. I ended up cutting all the oreos in half, which still gives you a big cookie, but not as huge. It just depends on if you want a few huge ones or more somewhat normal sized ones!