Day 10: S’mores Cookies
This summer while interning in NYC I discovered the addiction that is Insomnia Cookies. I had one two doors down from my apartment and found myself visiting on an almost daily basis. I tried all of their warm, gooey cookies multiple times and fell in love with the S’mores cookie…between the melted milk chocolate and marshmallows…mmmm. I knew I had to have a s’mores cookie on my Christmas cookie list and thought this one could be a good choice. AND IT WAS GOOOOD. You seriously can’t beat warm milk chocolate. CAN’T BEAT IT. They’re not the prettiest cookies I’ve ever made, but promise they’re yummy!
– 1/2 cup softened butter
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 1/3 cup flour
– 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 graham cracker sheets; we used chocolate ones! :) )
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup hershey’s chocolate chopped up
– 1 cup mini marshmallows (the kind you use for hot chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Then add egg and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
3. Use your crushed graham crackers and mix with flour, baking powder and salt. Then add to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until dough comes together.
4. Stir the chocolate and marshmallows in.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
Oh and the dough was incredible.
A few things: I had to leave them on the pan for a while because some of the marshmallows oozed off and literally made them look like they were melting. The longer they sat though the easier it was to get them off in one piece. And I would definitely recommend using chocolate graham crackers : )