Day 7: Red Velvet Cookies
Today’s recipe came from my friend, Audrey, who was home for the weekend and wanted to bake. So thank you Audrey for this delicious find! Baking with friends you haven’t seen in a while makes baking even sweeter than usual. Consider these red velvet cheesecakes in cookie form. I’m not usually a red velvet fan, but THESE COOKIES…just try them and you’ll see what I mean. Maybe you like red velvet anything, or maybe you’re like me and don’t care for it, no matter your stance: try these cookies out! They’re super festive too with the bright red, so they’ll look extra nice on cookie platters : )
– 1 box red velvet cake mix
– 8 oz. cream cheese
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla
– white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together cream cheese and butter. Once combined, add eggs and vanilla.
3. Then add cake mix and blend well. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. (It will be hard to tell that they’re done because they don’t change colors, but 10 minutes should do it).
*We planned to make a bunch so doubled the recipe and it made A LOT, so even without doubling I think you can expect this to make a ton of cookies!