Day 5: Peanut Butter Balls (Buckeyes)
Today was one of my favorites: PB balls. They’re so good and a little snack you just want to eat over and over again. Unfortunately I wasn’t on my A-game with pictures today and only took one without thinking. But even with a not-so-good picture you can hopefully still tell that these are worth making! There’s no bake time and not too much prep, so you can whip these up quick. Warning: SUPER addictive. Thinking those sprinkles I put on must’ve had something in them…
– 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy and crunchy are both really good with this!)
– 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– melted chocolate (you can use anything! I used chocolate chips)
1. Beat peanut butter and butter until creamy. Then mix in powdered sugar, vanilla and salt.
2. Roll the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes to let them get firm.
3. Melt chocolate and use a toothpick to dip the PB balls into the chocolate.
4. Place back in the freezer for the
chocolate to harden.
I have two tins of these babies in my freezer right now and if you’re smart you’ll go make some too! : )
Think I’m gonna try out a new one tomorrow, stay tuned!