Day 2: Double Chocolate Chip and Pb Chip Cookies
Day 2 of the 25 days of baking continues!
I’m a freelancer — meaning I get to work at home on days that I choose doing something I really like. Sweet deal, right? Today was especially sweet because in between all my work I made a bunch of cookies. You could never get away with that kind of stuff in an office! Mission: find a job that lets me do this forever.
I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make today, but I had a request from my sister to make her favorite cookies: double chocolate chip. We typically always do them with PB chips, but she wanted some with just chocolate so I somewhat begrudgingly agreed. “Somewhat” because who can really argue with more chocolate? I settled and decided I’d do some of both.
And I’m GLAD I DID!
– 2 cups flour
– 3/4 cup cocoa powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 1/4 cups of butter (again I used crisco)
– 2 cups sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsps. vanilla extract
– reeses pb chips and chocolate chips
Directions: 1. Heat oven to 350 (baked mine on 325 with confection on).
2. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat.
3. Then add in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in your chips! (I set aside half of my dough in one bowl and half in the other so I could give some choc. chips and other PB ones).
5. Drop cookies by spoon full and bake for 9 minutes.
6. Gorge yourself!
If you want something super chocolatey then you can’t go wrong with these! Again, these are also great for freezing.
Stay tuned for day 3 tomorrow!